A. WHAT INFORMATION NOUS TALK COLLECTS FROM YOU
Nous Talk may collect two (2) types of information about you: Personal and Non-Personal.
- “Personal Information.” Personal Information refers to information that lets Nous Talk know the specifics of who you are and which may be used to identify, contact or locate you (e.g. name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address). Nous Talk may collect Personal Information when you use the Nous Talk Properties including, without limitation, setting up account information, filling out surveys, corresponding with Nous, or otherwise volunteering information about yourself.
- “Non-Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information refers to information that, by itself, does not identify you as a specific individual (e.g. demographic information or website visitations). Nous Talk may collect Non-Personal Information through any of the methods discussed above as well as automatically through use of industry standard technologies described further below.
B. HOW NOUS TALK COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
The Personal Information practices set forth apply to all Nous’s customers worldwide.
- Registration. Prior to using one or more of the Nous Talk Properties, Nous Talk may require certain Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to create an individual account (“Account”) or to enable features or functionality of the Nous Talk Properties. Failure to provide all required information required by Nous Talk may prevent access to any or all Nous Talk Properties, and failure to maintain accurate information may result in suspension or termination of access to any or all Nous Talk Properties.
- Information Collected Through Technology. While you are able to visit the Nous Talk Site and remain anonymous, Nous Talk or its third party service providers may still collect Non-Personal Information about your use of the Nous Talk Properties (e.g. your Internet browser, operating system, IP address, connection speed, and the domain name of your Internet service provider). Such information may be gathered by the following methods:
(a) Cookies. Cookies, including local shared objects, are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive which work by assigning to your computer a unique number that has no meaning outside of the Nous Talk Site. Cookies do not generally contain any Personal Information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually configure your browser to prevent this. Not accepting cookies may make certain features of the Nous Talk Properties unavailable to you.
(b) IP Address. You may visit many areas of the Nous Talk Site anonymously without the need to become a registered User. Even in such cases, Nous Talk may collect IP addresses automatically. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you begin Services with an Internet services provider. Each time you access the Nous Talk Site and each time you request one of Nous’s pages, the server logs your IP address.
(c) Web Beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in web pages and e-mails. Nous Talk may use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that Nous Talk sends to Users to determine whether they have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is Personal Information.
(d) Tracking Content Usage. If you use the Nous Talk Services and you post materials including, without limitation, text, logos, artwork, graphics, pictures, videos, advertisements, sound and other related intellectual property contained in such materials (collectively, “Content”) to your website or to a third party website, Nous Talk tracks and captures Non-Personal Information associated with User accounts and the use of Content.
C. HOW NOUS TALK USES YOUR INFORMATION
- System Administration. Nous Talk may use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of system administration, assisting in diagnosing problems with Nous Talk servers, monitoring Nous’s system performance and traffic on the Nous Talk Properties and to gather broad demographic information about Nous Talk customers.
- Notices to Registered Users. If you have registered for an Account, Nous Talk may use your Personal Information to send e-mails regarding your registration, including confirmation to verify the accuracy of any information you have provided, and instructions on how to post Content. Nous Talk may also send you e-mails to verify your identity or to notify you if Nous Talk believes your use of Nous Talk Properties violates any applicable agreement for the use of the Nous Talk Properties.
- Advertising. Nous Talk may use Non-Personal Information to assist in optimizing the delivery of advertisements to viewers of your Content.
- Promotional E-mails. Nous Talk may use your Personal Information to send you e-mails periodically listing promotions or events relating to the Nous Talk Properties or from Nous’s marketing partners or sponsors. You have the choice to opt-out of receiving such promotional e-mails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and/or following the instructions in such correspondence. Once Nous’s has processed your opt-out request, Nous Talk will not send you promotional e-mails unless you opt back in to receiving such communications.
- Contact Information. If you contact Nous Talk by telephone, e-mail or letter, Nous Talk may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. If you report a problem with the Nous Talk Properties, Nous Talk may collect this information in a file specific to you. You may contact Nous Talk at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from Nous’s database.
D. HOW TO ACCESS AND CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, Nous Talk shall allow Users to update or correct Personal Information previously submitted, but only to the extent such activities will not compromise privacy or security interests. Additionally, upon request, Nous Talk shall delete Personal Information from the database where such information is stored; however, it may be impossible to entirely delete a User’s entry without some residual information being retained due to the manner in which data backups are maintained. Requests to delete Personal Information shall be submitted to email@example.com
D. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Nous Talk does not sell, trade or rent Personal Information collected through the Nous Talk Properties to any third party. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Nous Talk shall: (1) fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies; and (2) may be required to disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation.
F. SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Security Measures. Nous Talk takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. These include, but are not limited to, internal reviews of: (a) Nous’s data collection; (b) storage and processing practices; (c) electronic security measures; and (d) physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Nous Talk stores Personal Information. All Nous Talk employees, contractors and agents who access Personal Information are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
- Third Party Links. The Nous Talk Properties may contain links to third parties who may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information directly from you. Additionally, Nous Talk may use third parties to provide components of the Nous Talk Properties. In either case, such third parties may have separate privacy policies and data collection practices, independent of Nous Talk. Nous Talk: (a) has no responsibility or liability for these independent policies or actions; (b) is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites; and (c) does not make any warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such websites or the security of any information you provide to them.
G. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Last Updated: February 17, 2017